While statistics are extremely valuable, they are also notorious for being a means that people use to make false and misleading arguments. 86% of statistics are made up on the spot, you know – the remaining 24% are mathematically flawed.- Anonymous Also far too often statistics are obtained by taking a sample from a larger […]
Welcome to Scientific Literacy Matters
Scientific Literacy Matters (SLM) is a non profit organization that works to promote scientific literacy in society with the long term goal of creating a better world.
Popular posts on SLM:
- The Problem With Statistical Evidence
- Carl Sagan On The Issue Of 'God'
- If Two Pieces Of Metal Touch In Space They Stick Together Permanently
- Study Attempts To Identify The Most Ignorant Countries In The World
- Wise Words By Carl Sagan About Scientific Literacy
- The Overview Effect
- What Is Pseudoscience? And How Not To Be Fooled
- Infographic: 20 Cognitive Biases
- Didn’t read it? Shouldn’t tweet it, Twitter says
- Call For Statements From Science Proponents
- First Artificial Heart Transplant Is Old News. Why Are People Dying From Heart Failure 2020?
- Saving The Environment By Stunting Progress?
- When You’re Big Enough You Can Make Your Own Grammatical Rules
- Learn How to Spot Planets with the Naked Eye
- Neil deGrasse Tyson Speaks out on Science Activism
- How We Got To Where We Are
SLM is partly ad supported