I travel a lot, and during my travels I have encountered many places where astronomy is a central part of tourism. Especially in the United States, in almost every state you can visit at least one observatory. Public observatories like Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles, or Lowell observatory in Flagstaff dedicate themselves to being […]
Welcome to Scientific Literacy Matters
Scientific Literacy Matters (SLM) is a non profit organization that works to promote scientific literacy in society with the long term goal of creating a better world.
Popular posts on SLM:
- If Two Pieces Of Metal Touch In Space They Stick Together Permanently
- Study Attempts To Identify The Most Ignorant Countries In The World
- Carl Sagan On The Issue Of 'God'
- Neil deGrasse Tyson Addresses The Current Scientific Illiteracy Crisis
- When You're Big Enough You Can Make Your Own Grammatical Rules
- Infographic: 20 Cognitive Biases
- Scientific Literacy Isn't just Knowing Science Facts
- What exactly is the Milky Way?
- When You’re Big Enough You Can Make Your Own Grammatical Rules
- Learn How to Spot Planets with the Naked Eye
- Neil deGrasse Tyson Speaks out on Science Activism
- How We Got To Where We Are
- Robots in workplace ‘could create double the jobs they destroy’
- Electric Cars Are Actually Terrible for the Environment!
- Scientific Literacy Isn’t just Knowing Science Facts
- Koko – A Tribute to the Gorilla Who Knew Sign Language
SLM is partly ad supported